Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dog Whisperer's 5 Commandments

Men's Journal is one of those magazines I only seem to read when I am in the waiting room of a Doctor's office ... but the September 2009 edition caught my attention. It is titled, "Dog Owner's Manual." My K9 Kids tell me I am a great Dad all the time ... but that's because I feed them and give into begging and let them lick the syrup off my breakfast plate every morning. Even though I didn't technically learn anything new, I think it is great to be reminded that dogs' crave exercise, interaction & love. Men's Journal suggests remembering the Dog Whisperer's Five Commandments: (1) Walk your dog every day (or take them to Day Care); (2) Reward the Good, Ignore the Bad; (3) Don't overdo it ... have patience in training/reinforcement; (4) Say it like you mean it; (5) Be here now ... dog's don't hold grudges, neither should you ... focus on today.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your 10-Year Anniversary.My husband and I once boarded our wonderful Rottweiler, Ace, when we vacationed in Tuscany.

    It was a bittersweet trip due to the fact that we had inherited Ace after my brother-in-law died of a heart attack.

    I was able to watch Ace on the "doggy cam" in our villa each night and it gave me great comfort.

    Ace was only with us for a year and a half. He died suddenly at age 7. We still miss him everyday and laugh about my excitement every time his big butt would wander into the camera's view. Ace weighed 165 lbs.

    Thanks for the wonderful job ya'll do!

    Patty Gironda
    www.HomeAtLast.net
    www.HomeAtLastwithPatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete